April 15, 2022
DriverI found my home as a truck driver. I can’t say enough good things about this company. Us drivers are treated like family and with the upmost respect. Kellie treats me like her very own son with genuine sincereness. Kasim, is always there for his drivers no matter what time of day it is. It could be 11 o’clock at night and he will show you compassion and helpfulness. I could not ask for a better dispatcher. I love working side by side with Jacob. He calls me his buddy and treats me like a close friend, and just likes the others has taken me under his compassionate wings. The owner of the company, Cory, truly understands that his drivers work very hard out on the road and work very long hours, and when his drivers needs a few days off to recharge he does his very best to accommodate us. I could not ask for a better team to always have my back no matter what the situation is. I love working for Gaines Express and I am very happy here.
January 05, 2022
DriverI have been with Gaines Express for 3 weeks now and so far they have treated me with great respect and been patient with me.
July 22, 2021
Truck DriverThis is the best company I have ever worked for in my past 38 years. You get what they promised in orientation. They do not treat you like a number but a human being. If the Good Lord's willing Ill retire here.
June 09, 2021
Regional DriverIf you're looking for a company that's empathetic and understanding to the obstacles of your personal life, this is the place to be. I had a hiccup in life happen and they not only got me home expeditiously, but was able to return back to work like I never skipped a beat. Also the ability to have my dog as my road companion was a really big deal for me. Gaines Express truly cares about the level of satisfaction of the drivers because they understand we're the driving force that keeps the company moving. Other companies often look at drivers as an expendable asset. Gaines acknowledges that drivers aren't machines, instead as people.
June 03, 2021
Otr driverVery good company to work for. I been fighting to find a good company that cares about their drivers this company will take very good care of you. I had an issue and no problem they listen and went out of there way to help and make it right loves this company. I’m out on doctor care now and they check on me all the time. Once again very good company and nice people. Thanks again for for giving me a chance to be a part of this family. See ya soon
About Gaines Express
We are a Regional Flatbed Trucking company with 50 trucks and growing. We have a mixture of over the road drivers and dedicated local drivers. We haul a range of products from agricultural products to building materials all over the East Coast and Mid-West. Our President is a 3rd Generation Trucking Company Owner who has a passion for the transportation industry and a vision to grow and remain viable in a very competitive market place. Our Drivers are home weekly receiving great compensation and benefits and operate great equipment. We are strategically located in beautiful Western, NC right off of Interstate 40. If you are looking for a “HOME” please give us a chance to earn your employment! Please visit our website or check us out on social media to learn more about us, our trucks, and drivers!
- $5000 Sign on Bonus = $500 after 2 weeks (2nd pay check) & then $500 payments every two months until the total amount is paid
- Pay is based off of how many miles are ran per week
- 0-1700 miles $0.53/mile plus tarps, straps, stops and other incentives. WILL AVERAGE .56CPM
- 1701-2600 miles $0.56/mile plus tarps, straps, stops and other incentives. WILL AVERAGE .59CPM
- 2601+ $0.59/mile plus tarps, straps, stops and other incentives. WILL AVERAGE .62CPM
- Tarp Pay: $25 to tarp and $25 to untarp
- Strap Pay: $7.25 to strap and $7.25 to unstrap
- Good DOT inspection bonus: Level 1 = $100, Level 2 = $150, Level 3 = $200
- Hazard Pay & Bridge Pay = $50
- $140 Weekend Layover Pay
- Full Benefits after 90 days – Medical, Vision, Dental and 401K
- Vacation Pay – One week after one year- $700
- $500 Retention Bonus = $250 after one year and another $250 if you exceed 90,000 miles in that year.
- Detention Pay – Columbia Forest is an important customer. If you arrive to your appointment on time = $25 per hour after two hours. For broker loads if you arrive on time = $10 on average per hour after two hours.
- $500 CASH ON YOUR FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT