About Saia LTL Freight
If you’re seeking a rewarding career in a fast-paced and challenging industry, then Saia is the place for you. Saia has a long history of success dating back to 1924 and provides complete transportation and logistics solutions throughout the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico. Saia is a growing corporation offering the best-in-class benefits and opportunities to inspire every member of our team. Saia has more than 11,000 employees with an average driver tenure of just under 8 years, nearly twice the national average, and over 300 employees that have been with us for over 20 years.
Line and Team Drivers
- Transport shipments from terminal to terminal. Linehaul runs include either system or dedicated runs, with some runs allowing the driver to be home every day.
- Receive two consecutive days off each week.
- Team drivers average 5,500 miles a week; Linehaul drivers average 2,500 miles a week
Local City Drivers
- Pick-up shipments from and deliver shipments to customers within a set radius from the origin terminal location.
- Work week normally Monday to Friday
- May work on the terminal dock as needed
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Minimum of 12 months tractor-trailer experience
- Safe driving record
- Class A CDL License with HAZMAT, Tankers, and Doubles endorsement
Saia’s Core Values: Customer First, Safety, Taking Care of Each Other, Dignity & Respect, Do the Right Thing, Community
Benefits provided to eligible employees:
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Rx and Vision Benefits package starts at $12/week - (no employee contribution after 10 years)
- Dental Coverage Available
- 401K Plan with company match and immediate vesting
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Credit Union
- Line Haul Drivers are issued corporate lodging card (no sleepers)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty Leave
- Direct payroll deposit
- Company-paid Disability
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Scholarships
- Wellness Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Safety Awards
- Driver Uniform Program
March 24, 2020
Linehaul driverSaia is a great company to work for. Linehaul pay is at or above industry standard. Your not micromanaged. 95% of the time your load is ready. No pay issues.
March 24, 2020
Former Owner OperatorSAIA is a Great Company to drive for....Excellent pay, great runs, home every night, friendly staff and excellent benefits. Now that I work for SAIA I don't have the high monthly expenses, headaches of waiting to get loaded to then rush to wait to get unloaded. Coming off the road now gives me family time and not having to live In truck stops. Thank you SAIA...
March 23, 2020
Best Company to Drive ForWorked for 2 large trucking companies before SAIA. First company was with for 12 years, both as company and owner operator. As years passed, they did not care about their drivers and benefits kept declining. Went to 2nd company who claimed they cared and I would love it there. Had to leave after 8 months due to no miles, sitting all the time and almost lost everything. Thankfully I was hired by SAIA after a friend told me about them. SAIA is excellent in every aspect of the trucking industry. Highest pay for their drivers, more miles than I've ever had, no "down time", benefits are the best you can get anywhere at the most reasonable price. I have NEVER had benefits as good as I do with SAIA. Drivers treat each other with respect and help out each other. I plan on retiring with SAIA and not having to worry when I do. Highly recommend!!!
March 23, 2020
Great place to workI work with great people and the benefits are awesome. I plan on retiring herr
August 28, 2015
Former Company DriverThey paid me well, good benefits. Home time could have been better.