About Saia LTL Freight
If you’re seeking a rewarding career in a fast-paced and challenging industry, then Saia is the place for you. Saia has a long history of success dating back to 1924 and provides complete transportation and logistics solutions throughout the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico. Saia is a growing corporation offering the best-in-class benefits and opportunities to inspire every member of our team. Saia has more than 11,000 employees with an average driver tenure of just under 8 years, nearly twice the national average, and over 300 employees that have been with us for over 20 years.
Line and Team Drivers
- Transport shipments from terminal to terminal. Linehaul runs include either system or dedicated runs, with some runs allowing the driver to be home every day.
- Receive two consecutive days off each week.
- Team drivers average 5,500 miles a week; Linehaul drivers average 2,500 miles a week
Local City Drivers
- Pick-up shipments from and deliver shipments to customers within a set radius from the origin terminal location.
- Work week normally Monday to Friday
- May work on the terminal dock as needed
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Minimum of 12 months tractor-trailer experience
- Safe driving record
- Class A CDL License with HAZMAT, Tankers, and Doubles endorsement
Saia’s Core Values: Customer First, Safety, Taking Care of Each Other, Dignity & Respect, Do the Right Thing, Community
Benefits provided to eligible employees:
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Rx and Vision Benefits package starts at $12/week - (no employee contribution after 10 years)
- Dental Coverage Available
- 401K Plan with company match and immediate vesting
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Credit Union
- Line Haul Drivers are issued corporate lodging card (no sleepers)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty Leave
- Direct payroll deposit
- Company-paid Disability
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Scholarships
- Wellness Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Safety Awards
- Driver Uniform Program
August 28, 2015
Former Company DriverThey paid me well, good benefits. Home time could have been better.