February 13, 2020
Great OTR employerI spent a few years as a company driver for CCC back in the 90's. After reading the few reviews on this site, it's great to see a company kept it's standards of the way they treat drivers & maintain equipment. The only reason I left Crete was that I secured a local job (and remain going on 19 years) with a pretty decent company in Chicago where I live.
October 12, 2018
Keep up the great work.I am so thankful for a great asset manager that I have and for the operation crew that do a great job at getting me to places I want to take time off at. They bust their butt to get me there. Yes they might b a day early or late but they work together and get me where I want to b. Much love to them all. Keep up the great work.
October 12, 2018
Awesome CompanyThis company is great they take great care of their employees.
July 09, 2017
driverI like the people that run the company and the people I work for directly my asset manager and my fleet manager. They always take care of our equipment make sure we are always up to date on our safety checks. They alway do their best to make sure drivers get home when they need to. They treat every driver fairly.
March 20, 2017
About Crete Carrier Corporation
About Crete Carrier
Founded more than 50 years ago, Crete Carrier has grown to one of the nation’s largest, privately held trucking companies. Along with sister company, Shaffer Trucking, and wholly-owned subsidiary, Hunt Transportation, Crete Carrier Corporation operates as a truckload and flatbed carrier of virtually any commodity. At Crete Carrier, we are dedicated to our drivers. As a result, we have one of the lowest driver turnover rates in the industry; with drivers staying with us three times longer than they do our competition. Our professional drivers are among the best on the highways, meeting standards far exceeding those required by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Starting OTR pay $.60 - $.63 cpm
- Top 50% average $90,518 annual; $1,740 weekly
- Leading Pay Plus Carrier with Industry Leading Benefits
- Safe Driver Productivity Bonus
- Guaranteed Detention Pay
- We pay Practical vs Short Route miles (which pays 3-5% more miles annually)
- Miles are up!
Benefits of Joining Crete Carrier
- Full benefits: Health from BCBS, dental, vision, life and 401K
- Annual profit sharing contribution
- Profit Sharing - Contributed $13 million in 2023
- Pet Policy: 2 dogs or cats
- No-cost rider policy
- Increased cruise speed
- Paid orientation
- Industry leading CSA scores
- Average equipment age of 2 years
- Dedicated Dispatch 24/7
- Valid Class A CDL
- 1 year of verifiable tractor trailer experience *
- Has passed the required company and DOT physical, required drug test, company in-truck driving test, and otherwise meets DOT requirements
- Stable, verifiable work history
- Minimum 22 years old
- Has an acceptable driving record as reflected by MVR and PSP with no major preventable accident in the most recent five years
- No DUI or DWI convictions or positive drug screens or events in the past five years
- Able to perform functions set forth in the job description
*Some area restrictions apply
Apply or call (888) 490-6706.