No Driver Numbers Here, Ever! Class A OTR
Are you looking for a carrier where you're not asked for your driver or truck number every time you call? You deserve better treatment; you already have a name and we use it.
We don't offer misleading sign on bonuses to entice drivers to come to our company, shell games are for our competitors. We give you the tools to make you successful right from day one, those are not just words, that is a fact.
Our biggest issue in recruiting is convincing drivers that we’re not just another OTR trucking company. Most drivers have been lied to so many times by other carriers and recruiters that they have learned not to trust anyone as a result. That is not acceptable here at Terminal Transport.
Here are the facts:
- Our Recruiter has a CDL, over 30 years’ experience as a driver, dispatcher, planner and as a safety director. He is also in the company drug pool. How many recruiters do you know that can say that? He is going to give you a very accurate picture of our company
- Our CSA scores are good, something that should be important to you
- We only hire experienced and professional drivers with above average performance and safety records to put in our trucks. That means staying off the cell phone and being that professinal driver that you are
- We are expanding; not filling empty trucks. We have a lot more customer freight coming and we have recently purchased new trucks and trailers to keep up with the demand
- A great pay package for experienced company drivers, with no games here. You work and we pay, that’s how it works. No nonsense is given nor accepted here
- Health, Dental, Life and 401K are available after 90 days. A 40 yr old driver for instance, pays $85/month for health insurance and that’s for an above average policy
- Our benefit package is expanding in the spring of 2017 to offer even more options to our employees, we are always seeking ways to improve our benefits and an apportunity has presented itself, come be a part of that!
- Average 11,000 to 13,000 miles every month, even during the winter! Our drivers maximize their efficiency by being on time every time and eliminating excessive breaks and stops, we reward them with valuable home time
- Safety, Performance, Efficiency, Canadian Border, Hazmat and Mileage bonuses that total over $5000 per year - you perform, we pay
- We have very low driver turnover, well below the industry average, that should tell you something - We have tractors that are either 2015 or 2016's and no trailers are over 10 years old
- A tractor will be assigned to you, no slip seating
- Out 7 -14 days, maybe longer depending on your location (call to get details). But you will be home for 6 holidays and approximately every other weekend, our drivers appreciate being home and we are dedicated to making that happen, that’s what sets us apart from all other carriers
- We have had a dedicated customer base since 1964 with no freight in the Northeast or CA
- You will be driving 2800 to 3300 miles a week, year-round. Your expected to drive hard, but within DOT regulations
- Tolls, Lumpers and Scale Tickets are all paid for by the company
- 80% of our freight is in the Midwest; 65% of it being drop/hook and 98% of it being no touch
We have no gimmicks to offer you, we’re just expanding, we have the technology and tools that you need to be successful and we make no apologies for that.
You must have had less than 3 jobs in the last 3 years, at least 12 months of OTR experience in the last three years with no major accidents or violations in the last five years.
- Receive and follow dispatch orders and communicate daily when working
- Pre and Post trip inspect all vehicles with no shortcuts taken
- Hook up to the correct trailer as directed by dispatch
- Drive vehicle on specified route observing DOT and Terminal Transport safe driving rules and regulations
- Communicate with dispatch as directed, even when at home to receive dispatch information
- Sleep in the sleeper bunk during all overnight breaks
- Arrive at all appointments on time and assist in loading and unloading as assigned
- Backhaul product or return to domicile locations as directed
- Communicate with Terminal Transport for direction on breakdowns, accidents, product spills, emergencies, delays and all other problems that will affect customer service
- Fuel the vehicle as needed at approved locations
- Prepare trip reports and DOT logs correctly, neatly and accurately every day
- Be responsible for cash advances from the company by obtaining receipts for all expenses
- Participate in the Terminal Transport safety program as directed
- Comply with all DOT and FMCSR regulations
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Always demonstrate sound judgment in the operation of the vehicle
- Work 60 -70 hours per week, within federal guidelines, including nights away from home
- Pull, twist, bend, and lift 75 pounds to shoulder height as required to perform essential functions
- Have the ability to climb in and out of the tractor and into the trailer for all inspections as required
- Sit for up to 11 hours per day
- Drive vehicle and load/unload in extreme winter and summer temperatures and all conditions
- Communicate, read, understand, and write neatly as required to perform all essential functions
- Communicate with the office as well as customers in a professional way at all times