Truck Driver in Montana
OTR Flatbed Truck Driver needed in Montana
- Operates tractor-trailer unit to one or more destinations in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with all regulations at all times in the transportation of freight in accordance with Company, Federal, State and Local laws with regard to run times and Federal Motor
- Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations.
- Adheres to all safety standard and policies.
- Ensures safe loading, handling and transportation of materials and cargo.
- Must maneuver vehicle safely in difficult situations.
- Properly and timely tracks and documents activity log.
- Reports any issues or incidents to dispatch or Supervisor immediately.
- Checks gauges and visual indicators for malfunctions.
- Inspects vehicle regularly before and after each trip addressing or reporting issues.
- Read and comprehend documents such as bill of lading, schedule and dispatch documentation to include required equipment, pickup/delivery locations and time, seal number and any shipper/consignee requirements.
- Must verify unit numbers versus paperwork given and report discrepancies.
- Ensures security and protection of equipment and loads to include any and all load security required.
- On-time and accurate completion of paperwork or logs as required.
- Must maintain clean vehicle and good housekeeping standards.
- May be required to use technology to include electronic logs and other items.
- Provide professional and courteous service to customers and general public.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are required.
- Operates safely in all weather conditions.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Generous competitive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx plans
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurances
- 401(k) plan with Employer Match
- Voluntary Term Life/AD&D
- Paid Time Off
- Direct Deposit
- Annual Reviews
This position requires a valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A and at least three (3) years of verifiable DOT regulated trucking experience while meeting and maintaining under the Company's minimum requirements. This position will safely and efficiently operate a tractor-trailer to designated locations and operate equipment as necessary for loading/unloading.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid CDL and DOT physical/medical card required. Must be qualified by a DOT Certified Physician.
- Subject To Regulatory Alcohol & Drug Testing, which includes testing for marijuana, PCP, amphetamines, cocaine & opioids. Must be qualified by a DOT Certified Drug Testing facility.
- Minimum of 3 years CDL licensed driving experience required and may be required to pass road test.
- Must provide copy of motor vehicle record driver abstract with endorsements issued within 30 days and have acceptable MVR.
- Experience with driving technology and logs preferred.
- Travel and work performed outdoors.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with appropriate equipment or assistance.
- Customer contact and prior experience preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required. Must respond well to questions and have ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations/procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines.
- Sharp attention to detail including accurate data and numbers.
- Ability to organize/prioritize work in order to productively and efficiently meet deadlines.
- Professional presence with the ability to diffuse difficult situations and problem solve effective solutions.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment.
- Experience with standard Microsoft Office and transportation related technology.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Jillamy Transportation's Benefits
|Types of Runs|
|Cost Driver Benefits|
|Cost Family Benefits|