Local CDL-A Driver Needed in Orlando, Florida
posted 2 days ago
Safely and accurately drive a mutli axle tractor-trailer. Deliver and unload products to the customers in an efficient and professional manner. Collect funds as needed adn complete all required paperwork accurately. Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times and provide superior customer service.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comply with all applicable Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections
- Check products against invoices for completeness
- Physically unload product to company and customer specifications in an efficient and professional manner.
- Assure that cargo you are transporting is properly loaded, distributed and secured
- Complete all billing instructions, including collection of funds per guidelines/policy
- Stow collected funds per company policy
- Complete all company required paperwork in a thorough and legible manner
- Follow established guidelines regarding the "check-in" and "check-out" procedures
- Continuously communicate with transportation office as required (two-way Nextel)
- Responsible for ensuring all company issued equipment stays in good working condition
- Follow all safety and docking procedures
- Make product pickup's from local suppliers and warehouses as needed
- Clean out beds and cabs of trucks on a daily basis
- Fuel vehicle as needed
- Follow hazardous material and chemical waste regulations, utilize safety spill kits as needed per Company, DOT, and EPA regulations
- Elevate concerns and issues to management immediately
This position does not have a supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment
- Consistently moves about to coordinate work, frequent standing, climbing, lifting, bending and moving of heavy weighted material in difficult work positions
- Must be able to lift in excess of 75lbs on a regular basis
- Exposure to varying temperature and seasonal climate conditions due to exposure
- Able to successfully pass the DOT physical
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, Sunday through Saturday, shift based on need.
This position required local travel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activites, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employees for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- DOT physical exam
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to professionally interact with both internal and external customers
- Ability to safely operate a 2 wheeler and pallet jack
- Must be able to work in a transportation environment (e.g. dusty parking lots, hot, cold, oil, and diesel vapors)
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Subject to random drug and alcohol testing, including post-accident
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times by properly wearing Company uniform
- Join and reamin in good standing with Union
- Employee is expected to adhere to attendance guidelines
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Commericial Driver License - Class A
- Prior truck driving experience preferred
- Basic mechanical knowledge of trucks helpful