CDL-A Driver- HOME EVERY NIGHT!
posted 1 day ago
Why Work Here?
“Friendly, people-focused work environment, spend more time at home!”
ATTENTION TRUCK DRIVERS!!!
Have a long history of being on the road?
Do you love a friendly, people-focused work environment?
Looking for a job long-term with a company you can be proud to call your "work home"?
Do you prefer local drives instead of cross-country drives?
Want to spend less time on the road and more time home with friends and family?
If you said "YES" to any of these questions, this is a great opportunity for you! Driving for this role is primarily local, and YOU ARE HOME EVERY NIGHT!!!
Organics Distribution (OD); a sister company of St Louis Composting, producer of STA-Certified Compost, Mulch Products and Soil Blends, is seeking CDL Class A Drivers. This position entails driving and transporting products in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant policies and procedures.
Transport all materials to job site in a safe manner.
Receive from dispatcher invoice for materials, directions to job site and any special instructions and follow them to the detail
Perform pre and post trip inspections of assigned vehicle and report immediately any concerns or problems
Operate vehicle according to state and federal laws and observing all safety regulations established by the company and Department of Transportation (DOT)
Monitor and immediately report problems with assigned equipment operations, product quality, customer satisfaction and traffic
Education and Experience:
- Must be able to read and understand English.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to submit to a criminal background check.
- Must possess a CDL Class A license in good standing.
- Minimum of 2 years of verifiable driving experience (preferably Class A driver have experience with walking floor and/or belt trailers) or verifiable educational experience.
- Must have current DOT medical card and be able to pass DOT physical and drug test
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report.
- Must be in good physical condition; able to lift over 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time, etc.
- Hauling equipment a plus.
As an Associate with St Louis Compost, you will be part of an established and growing organization with a great reputation for providing the St. Louis area with its gardening and landscaping needs. We believe in a tight knit family atmosphere and are looking for you to join our family. St. Louis Composting offers competitive wages and benefits, major medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees, paid time off for eligible employees, 6 paid Holidays, and a GREAT 401(k) plan!!!