“Driver Extraordinaire” Looking for Professional, Motivated, and Safety Conscious Drivers!" in Minnesota!
posted 6 days ago
As a Terminal Transport driver, you will finally get the respect that you deserve from a small family owned carrier. That is what makes us different than any other carrier out there. Our drivers currently average between 11,000 and 13,000 miles a month and are receiving above average benefits. We are looking for long term drivers that are looking for a place to call home.
Our drivers typically stay out on the road 2 to 3 weeks at a time. You would be responsible for the on time pick-up and delivery to our customers. To accomplish that, we provide 2016 and newer, Freightliner Cascadia’s with 10 speed transmissions. All of our trailers are less than 10 years old. We are primarily operating in the 7 state upper Midwest region, with consistent freight that takes us through mid Atlantic, South and East regions. In those cases, we dispatch you directly back into the midwest to where all of our freight is. Our CDL A Drivers enjoy the following benefits:
- We Know Our Driver's By Name!
- We have a competitive pay structure
- Health, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance are available the first day of the month after 60 days of employment.
- Rider & Pet Policy after 90 Days
- Know your route with preplanned trips
- Most of our freight is Drop/Hook, ALL of it being NO Touch.
- An obtainable Safety and Performance bonus program; up to $400 paid Monthly.
- We only hire drivers that live on lanes that we run so that we can get them home, that results in very low turnover and good CSA scores.
- We are an established carrier that has been around since 1964, freight is plentiful and our business is growing.
- Paid orientation, that typically lasts 1 1/2 days, and road test required.
- Paid Holidays after 90 days and paid vacation days after one year.
- Extra pay for each load that you cross in and out of Canada with, (into Winnipeg, no Ontario)
- Extra pay just for having your Hazmat/Tanker endorsements
- Direct Deposit is available
Class A CDL (Good PSP and MVR)
No major accidents in last 3 years
or DUI’s in the last 10 years
2 Year of verifiable Class A driving experience (preferably OTR) in the last three years
Must comply with all DOT regulations
No more than 3 jobs in the last 3 years
1. Receive and follow dispatch orders and communicate daily when under dispatch.
2. Administer proper Pre and Post trip inspections of all vehicles accurately and consistently.
3. Hook up to the correct trailer as directed by dispatch.
4. Drive vehicle on specified route observing DOT and Terminal Transport safe driving rules and regulations.
5. Communicate with dispatch as directed, even when at home to receive dispatch information.
6. Sleep in the sleeper bunk during all overnight breaks.
7. Arrive at all appointments on time and assist in loading and unloading as assigned.
8. Backhaul product or return to domicile locations as directed.
9. Communicate with Terminal Transport for direction on breakdowns, accidents, product spills, emergencies, delays and all other problems that will affect customer service.
10. Fuel vehicle as needed at approved locations.
11. Prepare trip reports and DOT logs correctly, neatly and accurately every day.
12. Be responsible for cash advances from the company by obtaining receipts for all expenses.
13. Participate in the Terminal Transport safety program as directed.
14. Comply with all DOT and FMCSR regulations.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
1. Always demonstrate sound judgment in operation of the vehicle.
2. Work 60 -70 hours per week, within federal guidelines, including nights away from home
3. Pull, twist, bend, and lift 75 pounds to shoulder height as required to perform essential functions.
4. Have the ability to climb in and out of the tractor and into the trailer for all inspections as required.
5. Sit for up to 11 hours per day .
6. Drive vehicle and load/unload in extreme winter and summer temperatures and all conditions.
7. Communicate, read, understand, and write neatly as required to perform all essential functions.
8. Communicate with the office as well as customers in a professional manner at all times.